PICNIC PITCHES – A QUICK GUIDE
If you are one of those who have already purchased your picnic pitch, many thanks for your support. If you are planning a party and have yet to reserve a pitch, please don’t leave it too late. Here’s a summary for those unsure of what’s involved:
- On Saturday, the area in front of Court Garden is enclosed and the Marlow Town Regatta takes place within the enclosure. Approximately 200 Picnic Pitches are available within the enclosure for those who wish to host a party.
- Picnic Pitches can be purchased online or from the Marlow Information Centre. Visit: https://www.marlowtownregatta.org/picnic-pitches/ to review availability and pricing, make your selection and purchase online.
- Pitches are approximately 3.5M x 5M. This is big enough for a 3 x 3 or a 3 x 4.5 gazebo . If you want to erect a 3 x 6 gazebo you will need to purchase 2 adjacent pitches.
- Invite your friends, family, colleagues, suppliers or customers and host a party. Remember that there’s a dress code and that each person will need an entry badge.
- Trolleys are available free of charge to move your things between your car and pitch. You will need a £20 cash deposit but will get this back as you return the trolley.
- Remember that as well as a gazebo, you’ll also need to bring your own table(s) and chairs (although trestle tables can be rented if this is easier).
- You can bring your own food and drink or buy this when you arrive. Most people with pitches bring their own food and some even bring tablecloths and table decorations!
- Set up is from 8.00am. To help with the set up of your pitch, there is no need for you to comply with the dress code until 9.30am. Note that the last dress code exempt entry is at 9.15am.
- The official opening is at 10.00am and the event closes at 8.00pm.
- Please note that everything must be removed by 8.00pm to enable the enclosure to be reconfigured ready for Sunday’s event. Please put your rubbish in the bins provided and take everything else home with you. We will assume that anything that is left behind is unwanted and we reserve the right to charge the picnic pitch holder for any cleaning necessary.
- If you don’t intent to park a car in the car park, your picnic pitch ticket can be used for entry to the car park for drop off and collection purposes.
- Parking costs £5 for the day. Please note that cars must be removed by 8.30pm and no overnight parking is allowed.
- Both Parking and Trestle Tables can be purchased / rented through the website – visit https://www.marlowtownregatta.org/shop-badges-tickets/
- No dogs are allowed within the enclosure (except of course for assistance dogs).
- No Barbecue’s are allowed within the enclosure.
- The enclosure is licensed for the sales and consumption of alcohol. As such, all those consuming alcohol within the enclosure must be over 18. This is a family event and drunken behaviour (including drinking games) will not be tolerated. Also, the licence is for consumption on the premises so you should drink up before leaving.
- Finally, please remember that this is a not-for-profit event organised by volunteers for the benefit of the community. We want everyone to enjoy the day so please help us by respecting your neighbours and keeping your area tidy.