PICNIC PITCHES – A QUICK GUIDE
The best way to enjoy the Marlow Town Regatta is to book a pitch and invite your friends along to attend your party. Here’s a summary for those unsure of what’s involved:
- On Saturday, the area in front of Court Garden is enclosed and the Marlow Town Regatta takes place within the enclosure. Approximately 180 Picnic Pitches are available within the enclosure for those who wish to host a party.
- Picnic Pitches can be purchased online or from the Marlow Information Centre. Visit: (Link coming soon) to review availability and pricing, make your selection and purchase online. All pitches have a row letter and position number to aid identification and location.
- Pitches are approximately 3.5M x 5M. This is big enough for a 3 x 3 or a 3 x 4.5 gazebo . If you want to erect a 3 x 6 gazebo you will need to purchase 2 adjacent pitches. Doubling up on pitches is becoming more popular and we encourage it.
- Invite your friends, family, colleagues, suppliers or customers and host a party. Remember that there’s a dress code and that each person will need an entry badge to again access.
- Trolleys are available free of charge to move your things between your car and pitch. You will need a £20 cash deposit but will get this back when you return the trolley.
- Remember that as well as a gazebo, you’ll also need to bring your own table(s) and chairs. You can rent trestle tables to collect onsite when you arrive.
- You can bring your own food and drink, or buy this when you arrive. Most people with pitches bring their own food and some even bring tablecloths and table decorations!
- Set up is from 8.00am to 11.00am. To help with the set up of your pitch, there is no need for you to comply with the dress code until 11.00am. Note that the last dress code exempt entry is at 10.30am.
- The official opening is at 11.00am and the day time event closes at 7.00pm.
- There is an evening event which will continue to 10.00pm. You will require to purchase evening tickets in order to stay in the enclosure past 7.00pm.
- Please note that everything must be removed by 10.00pm to enable the enclosure to be reconfigured ready for Sunday’s event. Please put your rubbish in the bins provided and take everything else home with you. We will assume that anything that is left behind is unwanted and we reserve the right to charge the picnic pitch holder for any cleaning necessary.
- Parking tickets are available or either 1 day or 2 days and will always be cheaper if purchased in advance. Please note that cars must be removed by 10.30pm unless a Sunday parking pass or 2 day pass is on show.
- No dogs are allowed within the enclosure unless they are assistance dogs.
- No Barbecue’s are allowed within the enclosure.
- The enclosure is licensed for the sales and consumption of alcohol and operates on a Challenge 21 basis. All those who are challenged by security, bar staff or stewards must carry identification to prove their age to consume alcohol onsite. All those consuming alcohol within the enclosure must be over 18. For the avoidance of doubt picnics do not qualify as table meals and so parents cannot provide alcohol to their children. This is a family event and drunken, violent or abusive behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to eject anyone on that basis. The licence is for consumption on the premises, so no open drinks will be allowed to be carried offsite
- We reserve the right to bag search on entry and whilst onsite for alcohol, drugs or weapons.
- Finally, please remember that this is a not-for-profit event organised by volunteers for the benefit of the community. We want everyone to enjoy the day so please help us by respecting your neighbours and keeping your area tidy.